Metropolitan Exchange Of India Limited
Metropolitan Stock Exchange of India Limited (MSE) is recognized by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) under Section 4 of Securities Contracts (Regulation) Act, 1956.
It is a full-service national level Stock Exchange, it holds license of operations in Equity, Equity Derivatives, Currency Derivatives, Debt, and SME Platform.
Metropolitan Stock Exchange of India offers an open and hi-tech, electronic platform for dealing in Capital Market, Options and Future contracts, Debt Market parts, and Currency Derivatives.
The Clearing process
Initially, the Metropolitan Stock Exchange of India conducted clearing through Metropolitan Clearing Corporation of India Ltd, it’s subsidiary clearing corporation. On June 03, 2019, an interoperability framework was implemented, post which the clearing and settlement of trades can be conducted through any of the National Clearing Corporations i.e. Metropolitan Clearing Corporation (MCCIL), Indian Clearing Corporation (ICCL), and National Securities Clearing Corporation (NSCCL).
On October 7, 2008, under the regulatory framework of SEBI and Reserve Bank of India (RBI), MSE commenced operations in the Currency Derivatives (CD) Segment.
On 7th June 2013, the Debt market segment was launched and trading commenced from June 10, 2013.
Metropolitan Stock Exchange of India Unlisted Share Details
|Face Value:||₹ 1 Per Equity Share|
|Lot Size:||10000 Shares|
|Current Unlisted Share Price:||See details below|
Segment-wise members registered with SEBI
|Product||No. of members|
|Equity futures & Options||367|
Products offered by the Metropolitan Stock Exchange of India are
|Segments||Products and Services|
|Currency Derivatives Segment||Currency Future|
|Cross Currency Futures|
|Cross Currency Options|
|Interest Rate Futures|
|Equity Share Capital||Equity Share of companies|
|Sovereign Gold Bonds|
|Offers for sale|
|Equity Derivatives Segment||Stock Futures|
Management of Metropolitan Stock Exchange of India
|Mr Dinesh Kumar Mehrotra||Chairman & Public Interest Director|
|Mr. Ketan Vikamsey||Public Interest Director|
|Mr. Sudhir Bassi||Public Interest Director|
|Ms. Trishna Guha||Public Interest Director|
|Mr S.V.D. Nageswara Rao||Public Interest Director|
|Mr. Vijay Sardana||Public Interest Director|
|Ms. Latika S Kundu||MD & CEO|
|Mr. Kunal Sanghavi||Chief financial officer|
|Mr. P K Ramesh||Compliance officer|
Financial Highlights for 2019-20
- The Loss for the year was Rs 4577 Lac
- Total income for the year was Rs 3701 Lacs
- Total Revenue from operations was Rs. 1029 lakhs in FY 2019-20 as against Rs. 804 lakhs in FY 2018-19
- Key reasons for the losses at Metropolitan Stock Exchange were eroding volumes, lack of liquidity on the Exchange, an implementation by RBI of change in the limit to USD 100 million in currency derivatives, amongst other reasons
- EPS in 2020 was -0.1 as compared to -0.08 in 2019
- Listing processing fees decreased by 71.42% to Rs.22 lakhs in FY 2019-20 compared to Rs. 77 lakhs in 2018-19
- 73.19% decrease in Advertising expenses to Rs. 52 lakhs in FY 2019-20 as compared to Rs. 194 lakh in FY 2018-19
- 43.24% increase in Finance cost in FY2020
- The Authorized Share Capital of the Company is Rs. 55,000 lakhs divided into 55,000 lakh equity shares of Rs 1 each
- Metropolitan Stock Exchange repaid the Overdraft facility of Rs. 3,272 Lakh obtained from Development Credit Bank
Financial Performance of the Metropolitan Stock Exchange of India
|Particulars (Rs. In Lakhs)||2015-16||2016-17||2017-18||2018-19|
|Profit/Loss Before Tax (PBT)||-4005.3||-3258.3||-5476.3||-3845|
|Profit/Loss After Tax (PAT)||-4005.3||-3258.3||-5474.9||-4059|
|Earnings per share (EPS)||-0.16||-0.15||-0.15||-0.08|
The Metropolitan Stock Exchange of India latest news
Disclaimer: The above information is only for educational purposes and should not be construed as advice to buy or sell. Please consult your financial advisor before buying or selling any unlisted shares.